HIGH SPEED WINDS
Before and during high speed winds
- Secure your boats in order not to cause an accident to adjacent boats
- Check your anchors, cords and ropes on your pickets
- Place buffers on the sides of your boats to prevent damage from possible impacts
- Secure objects that can fall from the wind and may cause damage or injury
- Secure the posted signs that you have posted.
- Lock the doors and windows of your boat or workspace.
- Avoid activities in sea and coastal areas.
- Avoid passing under large trees, under hanging signs and generally from areas where light objects (eg pots, broken glass, etc.) may move and fall into the ground (eg under balconies) .
- Do not work outdoors during high winds.
- Those who have pergolas in their shops, check the piles of joints and woods.
- Please secure umbrellas or awnings and store them in a safe place to avoid accidents
- Do not walk to the edge of the harbor.
- Do not walk on the coastal road of old – new harbor, on the wall, because there is a risk of falling from a large height and a fatal accident.
DURING A HEAVY RAIN
If you are on board or in a building
- Secure items that may be swept by wind or heavy rain and may cause damages or injuries.
- Check the stability of the advertising signs that you have posted.
- Lock the doors and windows.
- Do not use electrical appliances or the phone due to possibility of a lighting . Disconnect the TV devices from the antenna and power supply.
- Avoid touching the plumbing pipes (kitchen, bathroom) as they are good conductors of electricity.
If you are outdoors
- Find safe cover in a building or in a car. otherwise sit on the ground without lying down.
- Never stand under a tall tree in open area.
- Avoid low pavements due to high flood risk.
- Do not stand side by side on pillars, power lines, telephone lines and hedges.
- Do not approach metal objects (eg cars, bicycles, camping equipment, etc.).
- Avoid the portholes or other sources of water.
- Move immediately from near the sea area.
- If you are isolated on a flat surface and feel your hair lifted (which indicates that a lightning will occur soon), make a deep head seat between the legs (to minimize the surface of your body and your contact with the land) by removing away the metal objects you have on you.